Here Comes the Sun


If you see my last entries about my thoughts on the greatest albums of all-time, Beatles albums included, my choice of the video for them are mainly George Harrison's songs. He is probably my favorite Beatle, and that was even before a winter in Finland (or a winter at all) had made me understand the beauty of the song for which I borrowed the name for this entry. "I feel the ice is slowly melting", I feel so at the moment, and I'm so happy the sun is coming. However, this is not the only reason why I have decided to write about this song. Today is Valentine's Day remember? In contrast to last year, when my mood was certainly gloomy, at least I could tell by the songs I was hearing. This 2010 promised to be a little different, and I even manage to send a Valentine's Day letter to a girl friend (note: not girlfriend), one which I still haven't received any reply, but which theme was indeed, The Beatles' "Here Comes the Sun". Moments after I left the card at the post office, I began to fear if I had done wrong by sending such a childish card, but I hope the girl understand an artist has to follow what his mind tells him, and at that moment it was that letter.

About Valentines, I tried to get in the mood by listening to some love playlist, but one unlove song from the Smiths, their most famous, HOw Soon is Now? from their album Meat is Murder, which on its 25th birthday this date, hitted me more than 20 80s hair metal ballads. Really, it's kind of amazing someone could write something like:

"There's a club, if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go, and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home
And you cry
And you want to die "

That guy sure needs a hug.



You choose for yourself which song hits you most.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Adios Strato

Todos Aman las Listas: 15 años, 150 Videos

Discrack: Notas musicales de fin del 2018