The Best Albums of All-Time Part 4

Today I come back with albums 16-20. Enjoy:

16. King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King

In the classic progressive era, which started in the 60s and into the 70s, there is just one name that I would dare to place besides that of Pink Floyd, and that one is, of course, King Crimson. I believe pretty much the cover says it all, prepared to be blown away.

17. Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde

I went down to the library, just because I remembered there they had a vinyl version of this album. I thought this couldn't sound better, but every single instrument came so clearly out of the headphones. Blonde on Blonde is mainly about the poetic lyrics, though the music has also a lot to do, specially feeling wise. When you get to "Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands" you'll know what I mean.

18. Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?

Some of Jimi's most famous cuts, like Purple Haze or Hey Joe, were put out as singles, and left out of this studio album. However, this is packed in enough consistency and excellent musicianship, that you won't really miss those songs.

19. Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks

When it comes to sincere and emotionally charged albums, it rarely gets better than this. Written after Dylan's divorce to his wife Sara, there exists a first recording of the album (available as bootleg), which is even more melancholic (depressing) than this cut. Probably the last great Dylan album.

20. Television - Marquee Moon

I won't lie, I basically paid 9€ for a deluxe version of this album, based merely on its fame, since although it has been in my digital collection for a while, I had not given it the respect it deserves. This album has clearly been a big influence in the music that has appeared after its release, you can't just hear it.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Adios Strato

Todos Aman las Listas: 15 años, 150 Videos

Discrack: Notas musicales de fin del 2018