The Best Albums of All Time Pt. 2

Well, I've already made it to the third day and five albums a day is quite something. First day it were ten, then only 3, but a double album included, and today I plan to fill my goal of 5 albums a day. The official counting says I still miss 17 of the albums present on the first part of the list, which I will go hunting to the library today. Anyways, here come the next five:

6. Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

I have tried to review Highway 61 Revisited a couple of times, and somehow I've never been able to do justice to such a work of art. There's something about Dylan that I don't quite get unless I am actually hearing him. This album is filled with gems, from Like a Rolling Stone, to the magnificent Desolation ROw, yes, like the MCR cover.

7. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

It's hard for something to ever top DSOTM for me, but Pink Floyd follow up might be the closest it can get. The two parted Shine on Your Crazy Diamond, writing in tribute to fron tman gone crazy, Syd Barrett, might just be the best song on their entire catalogue, and additionally you get the excellent ballad which gives title to the album, and well, all songs are quite strong. The Pink Floyd sound condensed in 45 minutes of highgest musical quality.

8. Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

I don't really have a problem with Jazz, well actually I do, but it's not like against Jazz, but more against myself. I can comprehend why people love it so much, and how it excites feelings inside music listeners, but the fact is that my ear is just not used to it, and however pleasing it can be to my ear, it fails to get anywhere on my memory. I am at the point, where I would never have a jazz album on my top albums of all time, anyways, maybe this exrcise will help me in that sense.

9. David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spider from Mars

As many other musical genres, glam was so abused that many people have forgotten it managed to give us gems like Electric Warrior, or most importantly, Ziggy Stardust. To many, Ziggy Stardust just sounds like a greates hits compilations, and that is because for me there is no filler in here, and even B-sides Velvet Goldmine and John I'm Only Dancing, would have deserved a place here. Suffraggette City, Ziggy Stardust, It Ain't Easy, Moonage Daydream, well, pretty much everything. The best Bowie album out of a very rich discography.

10. The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

The last entry for today goes to another Beatles album, and one of the most regarded ones. Sgt. Peppers has secured its place in history merely by its album art depicting the band along with such personalities as Bob Dylan, Oscar Wilde or Mohammed Ali. But looking, or better said, hearing past the cover, the album doesn't let down, with production ahead of its time, and sometimes silly, though never stupid songs. A must hear, and must have.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Adios Strato

Todos Aman las Listas: 15 años, 150 Videos

Discrack: Notas musicales de fin del 2018