Most Tracked Tracks on Last.fm this Year!

Coup de etats, world cup qualification, for fucks sake! I'm in Finland. What a year, 2009 has been quite a wonderful one, where I have known places and met friends I never would have dreamt about in 2008. I'm always happy with the unpredictability of life, and what can 2010 bring? So I have decided to check my most listened to tracks and artists of 2009, at least the ones Last.fm keeps track of, which is not many considering all I listen on CDs, radio, and of course, my MP3 players.

Most heard Songs:

1. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way (23 times tracked)
Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


Yep, old song, out of one of my favorite albums, Rumours, which was recorded after 4/5 Fleetwood Mac members broke sentimental relationships with bandmates. It must have been hard to record, but it finally came out as a now classic album. Certainly, the best song on the record has to be Go Your Own Way, the reasons I can state for my favoritism this year, is mainly because it is the best song I can sing on Guitar Hero World Tour, and because I really relate myself with the lyrics. "If I could, Baby I'd Give You My World, How Can I? When you won't take it from me?". I actually dedicated this to a girl, I no longer cared about when she asked me to burn her a CD with rock music. I told her, "Girl, that's how I used to feel 'bout you".

2. Cafe Tacvba - Y Es Que... (22 times tracked)


The truth is that most things that are so high on the charts, are there because their have been to listeners to the artist. In this case, my brother and me, specially this year he became quite obsessed with Cafe Tacvba. In fact, of the 22 times Last.fm tracked this song, none of them was of my making.

3. Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of (22 times tracked)
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name Of .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


There was one reason why Rage Against the Machine was created, and why they created this song. The reason is simply to drop yourself off some tension when you are so annoyed and infuriated against authority. The energy this song transmits perfectly portrays my brother and my anger against the stupid coup de etat, the media reactions and the stupid people who believed them. This is not counting the various times we heard it top volume on my physical CD copy.

4. Tears for Fears - Mad World (21 Times Tracked)
Tears For Fears - Mad World .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


I always invite my brother to watch movies with me, specially when I know they are really good, and that they might be of their interest. Most of the times, he says he is just not up to thinking too much, and in many cases, he has ended up watching the movies when reading some stupid remark on some stupid blog. Such case happend with Donnie Darko, which he claimed to have already seen when I rented it, but somehow, after I saw it, he grabbed it and watch it again and was really happy with it. Specially the final sequence where this song is presented, and which led us to know the Gary Jules cover, but we found the original one, and ended up prefering it, mainly for its weirdness.

5. Manu Chau - Politik Kills (19 times tracked)

Manu Chao - Politik Kills .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


I'm pretty sure I had got this through stereogum, but never paid it much attention, mainly because in the back of my mind laid a memory of an annoying son, "Me Gustas Tu". The mere existence of that song prevents me from enjoying Manu Chau/Mano Negra, but my brother heard it, I believe on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and after the coup, gave it an infinite number of spins. Well, 19.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Adios Strato

Todos Aman las Listas: 15 años, 150 Videos

Discrack: Notas musicales de fin del 2018