Favorite Albums of 2009

Ok, so I decided to focus mainly on the "Finland Trip" part of my life on my blog, but somehow, I can't let the year go by without listing my favorites and reccomendations from this year 2009. So with no further delay, here they are:

10. Built to Spill - There is no Enemy


Built to Spill have been around for a while, and their 90s record Perfect from Now On and Keep it Like a Secret, are regarded as classics by some, I personally, appreciated their progressiveness, but never quite got Perfect From Now On. However, their late 90s albums and 2000s records have been accused of lacking innovation and being stuck on same old ground. I don't know much about it, but I certainly did enjoy this 2009 record.
Built To Spill - Oh Yeah .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


9. Perro del Mar - Love is Not Pop


Love is Not Pop, is indeed an unnusual spot, which I find curious made it into my top 10, since if it wasn't for the Spinner.com Listening Party. Really, who will hear an artist who calls herself Dog From the Sea? Anyways, this is certainly a good album, very sentimental, and some jsut might find it very boring if not in the mood.

El Perro Del Mar - Change of Heart .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


8. Yo la Tengo - Popular Songs


Yo La Tengo have also been around for a while, and have already produced albums which have been catalogued as classics. I'm completely unaware of their musical givings, until through Spinner, I discovered Popular Songs, which is their latest studio album, which just happens to sound like a Greatest Hits compilation for its sound diversity.
Yo La Tengo - Here To Fall .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


7. The Antlers - Hospice


Remember The Antlers? When I first heard this, I would have tought it would end up higher in the charts, but however good this album is, it is a hard-listen, depressingly sad, to a point you should have your pack of ice cream nearby when hearing it.

The Antlers - Bear .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


6. Antony and the Johnsons - The Crying Light


I'm starting to realize 2009 was a depressing year, not because of the lack of good music, but mainly beacuse many of the best albums of this year rely on really sentimental atmospheres and themes. The Crying light probably takes the overall price though, it is so beautifully constructed, it is hard for me to choose one individual song, because the album works better as a whole.
Antony & the Johnsons - Kiss my name .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


5. Bear in Heaven - Beast Rest Forth Mouth


I don't know why, but many people don't like the music site Pitchforkmedia.com, maybe its cause they say they favorite certain bands and genre, I don't know so much about it. Even though they have sometimes rated lower some stuff I actually like, I can't recall once I didn't like their reccommendations. It's not like I follow them all the time, but I did with Beast Rest Mouth Forth, and altough I haven't heard that many times, I found it completely enjoyable and different. Though it got me into thinking if you can still make albums which not only sound good, but also relevant to musical heritage.

Bear In Heaven - Lovesick Teenagers .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


4.Dinosaur Jr. - Farm


Farm was also kept on my favorite spot for quite a while this year. It made me go back to You're Leaving All Over Me, and made me love their debut and be really glad with this, their latest, and second after a comeback. One of the most worthwhile comebacks of the decade. Hope they keep the quality as high on the nearly here decade.

Dinosaur Jr - I Want You To Know .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


3. The Flaming Lips - Embryonic


Flaming Lips had already left their mark on music with The Soft Bulletin in the 90s, they reassured they significance for this decade with Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, but Embryonic, just made them a close trailer to Radiohead as band of the decade. Embryonic is crazy, diverse, enjoyable, and yes! relevant!

Flaming Lips - Watching The Planets .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


2. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion


Releasing their album so early in the year, the collective had set the standards for album of the year really high up. And probably as sound and relevance goes, the AC poppier adventure in MPP should be the best of the year as many music magazines have already ranked, however, this is my chart, and their is one album which made me happier this year.

Animal Collective - 04 Summertime Clothes .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


1. Alice in Chains - Black GIves Way to Blue



I have already made like two entries before, explaining my comtempt at AiC comeback, so I won't take long time praising it. I would be happy enough if you have made it through the end of the list.

Alice in Chains - A Looking In View .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


Well Happy New Year! Happy New Decade! and hope they both brings us great musical satisfaction! :)

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Adios Strato

Todos Aman las Listas: 15 años, 150 Videos

Discrack: Notas musicales de fin del 2018