The Best Albums of All-Time Part 9

So I gave it a rest for a while, not only with the posting of this project, but also Bob Dylan's 3 disc bootleg set has held me up for a couple of days. Now I get back in action, although I have already decided to stop this when getting to the 100, in order to review my albums in a different order, starting by those released in 2010. So without further delay, here go albums from 41-45:


41. The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

The Stones greatness is only to be compared to that of the Beatles, and even the Fab Four 7 years together fall down in comparison to the lifetime of hard rocking the Stones have given us, with Sticky Fingers being arguably their best and most consistent album, including great bluesy songs, with great guitar parts (Brown Sugar, Can't You Hear Me Knockin')

42. King Crimson - Red

Where In the Court of the Crimson King is psychodelic nightmare crazyness, Red is progressive rock beauty. Truly, this songs move so naturally and yet seem so complex, but it ll falls down to the beauty of the track I have chosen to represent this album.

43. Miles Davis - In a Silent Way

As I said before, Jazz is not my thing. Not yet at least, I'm still at the point which although I enjoy it's sound, it's just background music for me, with no connection of memorability coming into me. Here, another of Miles high regarded albums.

44. Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

Daydream Nation is a double album of epic proportions, managing to somehow merge noise into a correct and pleasant form of music, which is consider by much to have been the first grunge record, or at least a great influence for that genre which would mark the early nighties.

45. The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground

Where there debut featured earlier on this posts, includes some weird moments which might end up scaring the listener, specially on the first listens, The Velvet Underground self-titled album is just pop perfection. Sweet, lovely ballads, with an ocassional rocker in between. In my opinion, I like this more than the most highly regarded banana album.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Adios Strato

Todos Aman las Listas: 15 años, 150 Videos

Discrack: Notas musicales de fin del 2018